Tennessee Voices for Children is currently accepting applications for the positions listed below. Please complete our application and mail or fax to our Nashville office, in addition to applying online for our open positions.
Tennessee Voices for Children is an agency which focuses on not only empowerment of children and their families but also empowerment of our staff. A career at TVC offers a motivating and team player environment with a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees including Health, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Life Insurance, 403b plan with match and supplemental benefits options – in addition to twelve (12) paid holidays and a generous PTO accrual system.
Program: Family Support Services
Location: Nashville, TN
Qualifications: Master’s Degree in social science or closely related field with three (3) or more years of work and three (3) or more years of supervisory experience in the field. Licensure preferred. Experience with managed care billing strongly preferred. Preference given to parent/caregiver or family member of child with SED. Non-profit organization experience and work history within child serving systems also strongly preferred.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Excellent collaboration, customer service, supervisory and management skills.
- Proven ability to orient, train and provide support for program staff.
- Knowledge of the developmental, mental, emotional, relational, and social needs of children.
- Knowledge and experience with the juvenile justice, educational, and other child-serving systems.
- Proven commitment to system of care principles and to working effectively as a part of a team.
- Excellent organizational, written, communication and problem-solving/creative thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and efficiently.
Duties & Responsibilities/Principal Activities:
- Oversight and coordination of all program activities, planning, support, and implementation.
- Billing and reporting responsibilities for grants and TennCare services.
- Assigns and links families in need to Family Support Providers and Behavioral Specialist teams.
- Provides weekly supervision and ongoing support as needed to all program staff.
- Assists staff in developing their skills in working with families with diverse backgrounds and in promoting positive, nonjudgmental interactions with families.
- Ensures that families are receiving the assistance, help & support services that meet their needs.
- Ensures that data is properly managed and entered into the database system.
- Assists and supports staff in their professional development.
- Participates in collaborative meetings/trainings and team building activities within the agency and with other child-serving agencies in the service area.
- Coordinates with and updates Clinical Director with monthly reports and as needed or requested.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Director on program scope of services, implementation and sustainability.
- Other duties and/or tasks as assigned.
TVC Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
TVC does not discriminate on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service. I understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for TVC to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either TVC or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of TVC has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary. I attest with my signature below that I have given to TVC true and complete information on this application. No requested information has been concealed. I authorize TVC to contact references provided for employment reference checks. If any information I have provided is untrue, or if I have concealed material information, I understand that this will constitute cause for the denial of employment or immediate dismissal.