Ever need someone in your corner when you’re dealing with your child’s IEP and 504 Behavior Plan?
Our advocates are here to help! We will walk you through the process and offer support and training.
Parent 2 Parent will help you understand:
- System of Care
- Mental health, school, juvenile justice, and insurance systems
- Mental health disorders, behavior, and effective discipline strategies with children and youth
- How to find resources in your community
- The special education process and how to advocate for children and youth within that system
- How to feel prepared to use your best communication skills when advocating and partnering with families in need
- How to feel prepared to run or co-facilitate a parent support group
*This training is a pre-requisite for the Family Support Specialist Certification Training. Click here to register.
This training is funded in part by the Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services.